My Christmas Wish

by Tulasi-Priya on Monday 12 December 2011

I don’t make a big deal out of holidays. Hell, I don’t even make a medium or small deal out of them. I barely remember my birthday and don’t care if nobody else does (although I did announce it this year). But there is one thing I want for Christmas (and it’s not world peace), if only someone would tell me how to get my hands on one (or get one around my hand).

This:

stolen from http://writeitdownith.wordpress.com/2011/11/11/ftf/

I know, I haven’t even S (started) TF, but so what? The goal is to finish, and that’s what I want to be reminded of. Sure, I could tie a string around my wrist and call it a FTF bracelet, if it came down to it, but it wouldn’t be the same. Maybe I have to prove myself first by S-ingTF? How many pages need to be written before I qualify? A completed first draft? What’s a girl gotta do to get one, short of violating the law or her principles?

I’m probably allergic to whatever the thing is made of. Why do I want that thingy so bad?

I haven’t felt this way since I didn’t make the cheerleading squad in middle school. Wanting to belong. No, wait, joining a cult was about the same. No, it’s really about the rubber bracelet, and those three little letters on it. I’m not really a joiner.

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

December 12, 2011 at 5:36 am

This made me smile.

I don’t know what it stands for, but it sounds like it’s your “pppreciousss.” I hope you can get your hands on one soon.

Teri December 12, 2011 at 10:32 am

One of Santa’s elves has been whispering in my ear. Can you send me your e-mail address?

Tulasi-Priya December 12, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Ah, the squeaky wheel gets the grease! (doesn’t it?)

Tulasi-Priya December 12, 2011 at 12:42 pm

You’re the elf around here, Teri. I don’t deserve this. That’s why I want it.

Mary Lynne December 12, 2011 at 12:43 pm

SO SO jealous! I’ve lusted after one ever since I read Downith’s blog about it. I just want to be able to respond the first time someone asks “What’s FTF stand for?” Oh the shock value here in Texas suburbia, it’d make my day. Plus I might actually FTF.

Tulasi-Priya December 12, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Oh, I was afraid of this. I don’t want anybody to be jealous of anything but a six-figure book contract—ha!

Seriously, Teri may have the beginnings of a cottage industry going here. Have patience, Mary Lynne; there’s still Kwaanza and Presidents Day, even if Santa doesn’t come through in time.

Mary Lynne December 12, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Yes, let’s all push for those six-figure contracts! Not real jealousy, of course, more like a “oh, good for her!”

Tulasi-Priya December 12, 2011 at 4:32 pm

As soon as I get mine, I’ll make some copies. The old “pay it forward” thing . . .

Averil Dean December 12, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Yay! You’re in like Flynn, (whoever that is).

XO

anna December 18, 2011 at 3:57 pm

I know I’m probably as dense as a fruitcake, but what does it mean??! You’ve got to splain this to me!

Tulasi-Priya December 18, 2011 at 7:14 pm

Some writers who hang out at Betsy’s blog and who live relatively close to each other got together for a meet-up, as a result, one member created a reminder bracelet, FTF, which stands for Finish the F—ker. I got it into my head that I had to have one and whined about it here on my blog, more as a joke than anything. My plan is to make some of these bracelets and have a fun little giveaway here on my blog. Or, if you want to be a part of this unofficial non-clique, it easy and cheap to get your own bracelet made.

Previous post: